Job DescriptionJob Title: OB Sonographer
Job ID: 190001A0
Hours: Primarily Daylight, M-F
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Department: Ultrasound OBGYN
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is hiring full-time OB Sonographers! The schedule will consist of primarily daylight shifts (Monday-Friday) with rotating weekends, call and off-shifts. Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is a regional and national leader in innovative women's and infants' health care and research. If you're someone who has an inquisitive mind and is committed to providing compassionate care, we want to hear from you!
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and offers the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today and find out where your career can take you!
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Obtains appropriate image documentation of cross-sectional anatomy in all body planes demonstrating anatomy, anatomical relationships and ultrasonic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissues.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Assures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system; assures all exams are properly networked to STENTOR for archiving and interpretation.
- Ensures charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs a variety of technical ultrasound procedures, correlating appropriate patient history, laboratory data, and physical findings, for the purpose of assisting in a patient's medical diagnosis under the direct supervision of a physician or registered ultrasound technologist.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation.
- Completes procedures according to protocol.
- Covers call and off-shifts on a rotational basis.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- May be responsible for High Level Disinfection of devices, supplies and/or equipment.
- Assists with training of staff, student sonographers and physicians.
- Completion of formal training in an Ultrasound program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.Basic Life Support (BLS)Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
- RDMS Registered or registry eligible required.
- Must have completed Physics portion of registry.
- Must obtain RDMS in OB/Gyn Ultrasound within 12 months of hire date.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $22.9 0 to $36.63 / hour
Union Position: no
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.