Job DescriptionJob Title: Environmental Svcs Associate
Job ID: 75636561
Shift: Day Job
Department: Environmental Srvs
Have you always wanted to get your healthcare career started? Are you interested in a position that offers terrific benefits and opportunities to grow? Do you enjoy working "hands on" in a team environment? Then you may be a perfect fit for our role in the Environmental Services Department at UPMC East.
UPMC East is looking to hire a part time Environmental Services Associate to fill a day shift. This position will also work rotating weekends and holidays.
Clean all aspects of assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, offices and equipment, to meet Hospital and Department standards in order to promote the quality of care rendered in the environment. Move equipment, furniture, boxes, etc. and remove and hang blinds and curtains.
- Make beds, following established cleaning procedures in all patient discharge rooms and on-call rooms as assigned.
- Inspect and ensure that all assigned areas are properly cleaned and in good repair, report problems to the supervisor.
- Replenish paper towels, toilet paper, and soap in all locations of assigned areas to assure adequate supply.
- Clean all assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, toilets, procedure rooms, offices and equipment, following established procedures.
- Maintain assigned equipment in clean, working condition, reporting problems and suggestions to the supervisor.
- Remove trash from all assigned areas.
- Follow all safety and sanitation regulations.
- Move equipment, furniture, boxes, wash walls, spot carpets, etc. as assigned.
HS Diploma/GED or one year previous job experience required in lieu of HS Diploma/GED or successful completion of the 5-week EVS training program.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete housekeeping duties.
Ability to use housekeeping equipment.
May in the course of duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $12.87 to $19.55 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.