Job DescriptionJob Title: Food Service Attendant - Casual - Strabane Woods of Washington
Job ID: 00792495
Facility: UPMC Senior Communities
UPMC Senior Communities is hiring a Limited Casual Food Service Attendant to support the Strabane Woods of Washington facility located in Washington, PA. This position will work variable shifts with weekend/holiday availability required.
The Food Service Attendant is responsible for the timely assembly, final preparation and service of nutritionally-appropriate and attractive meals. Practices appropriate food handling techniques and food safety procedures in all aspects of job. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- Assures the necessary food and service equipment / utensils are secured for assigned area prior to meal service.
- Adheres to department procedures regarding the operation of all food service equipment.
- May also perform the following job responsibilities based on Facility/Department requirements: Inventories and stocks bulk supplies, following established procedures and designated time frames.
- Patient Service Specific Responsibility: Serves patient meal tray using the designated department script, to include proper patient identification.Bus tables and sanitize tables and chairs.
- Deliver meals to residents' rooms when requested.
- Set tables for the following meal according to the Food Service Guidelines Manual.
- Assembles and serves meals according to diet orders, menus and patient / guest specific requirements.
- Maintains food safety and quality as mandated by PA Department of Health/Allegheny County Health Department/PA Department of Welfare (where applicable)
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with customers.
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines.
Qualifications High School Diploma or GED or currently enrolled in high school program preferred; 1 year previous job experience required in lieu of High school diploma/GED preferred.Work permit required if under 18 years old.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Act 34 OAPSA
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $12.87 to $19.55 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.