Do you have experience working in a call center, handling inbound and outbound calls? If so, apply to take the next step in your career!
UPMC Corporate Services is hiring full-time Contact Center Specialist I's to help support various departments at the Quantum One building in the South Side. This position will work Monday through Friday during the hours of 10:30 AM-7:00 PM.
A great perk includes work from home options! Work from home is available after your training is complete, occurring around four to six months. In addition to our work from home options, we have a monthly incentive program that employees are eligible to receive based off of performance and location after three months of employment!
In this role, you will serve as the first line of contact for the patient. The Contact Center Specialist I acts as an advocate for patients by providing guidance, interpretation and education on customer service inquiries as well as collecting patient balances. If you are enthusiastic about assisting others in a customer service role and think you are up for the challenge, apply online today!
Look no further, apply online today!Responsibilities:
- Answer multi-line telephone system and schedule appointments, contact or page physicians according to department questionnaires, protocols and templates.
- Complete follow-up on unpaid account balances. Contact guarantors, third party payors, and/or other outside agencies for payment of balances due.
- Contact patients to discuss their post-discharge appointment requirements; follow up and coordinate all appointments for the patient needs and allow for appropriate scheduling to a specific physician or specialty.
- Document all actions taken on a patient account.
- Review on-line account history and EOB's to ensure all payers have been billed and to validate the accuracy of payments and adjustments posted.
- Ensure effective communication and call escalation to appropriate personnel; includes thorough and accurate documentation of telephone encounter.
- Ensure effective communication to patients regarding scheduling and call details, give basic information to patients (directions, parking information, and required preparation for appointment).
- Establish reasonable payment plans according to department policies; set up payment arrangement in system and monitors payments for consistency and timeliness. Counsel patients on various local, state and federal agencies, which may be available to assist with funding of health care.
- Identify and take action towards resolution of problematic accounts through potential refunds, adjustments, payment transfers, etc. to bring balance to zero.
- Adhere to Fair Debt Collection Practices Guidelines and understands the laws and regulations applicable to job functions.
- Identify, review, and research credit balance accounts, potential refunds, adjustments, payment transfers, etc., to bring the account balance to zero.
- Maintain performance at or above established benchmarks for: Quality Assurance. Average Call Handling Time, Schedule Adherence and Telephone Aux usage.
- Research, resolve and respond to email, web and telephone billing inquiries from patients and insurance carriers in accordance with departmental protocols.
- Review and take action on accounts on aged trial balance reports or in assigned work queue meeting specified dollar and age criteria to ensure lowest number of days possible on accounts receivable.
- Assign accounts deemed uncollectible to external collection agencies on a monthly basis.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.