Job DescriptionJob Title: MRI Technologist
Job ID: 190001A1
Hours: Hours & days will vary
Grow with UPMC Imaging Services! Our new career ladder was created to help you grow professionally with opportunities to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint!
UPMC Presbyterian is excited to be hiring full time MRI Technologists, offering our new starting rate and sign on bonus options!
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Practices and maintains MR safety in the department.
- Maintains clinical competency for all exams and equipment.
- Performs procedures for reviewing, processing and archiving.
- Prior to start of exam, reads and presents all relevant information to the physician based on protocol
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data including the labeling /preparation/and administration of contrast.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient's fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all patient information is updated and documented in Rad Assessment, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed
Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology, or completion of an accredited CNMT program or accredited ARDMS program.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Must obtain MR registry within 18 months of hire date
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer or American Registered Radiologic Technologists
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Nuclear Medical Technologist Certification
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $23.75 to $36.63 / hour
Union Position: no
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.