Job DescriptionJob Title: Physical Therapist, Casual (Presbyterian)
Job ID: 718325
Facility: UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
Department: Presby PT
UPMC Centers for Rehab Services is currently hiring a casual Physical Therapist to support Presbyterian Hospital, located in Pittsburgh, PA. The candidate will work a minimum of two weekend days per month, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we invite you to apply!
Provides physical therapy evaluation and treatment on patients referred to non-contracted and contracted facilities of Centers for Rehab Services.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- Completes necessary charge and statistical information to accurately reflect the service rendered to the patient.
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Maintains written documentation for all physical therapy services rendered including documentation of initial assessment, follow-up visits, and discharge summary consistent with department standards. Co-signs physical therapist assistant documentation biweekly.
- May serves as a clinical instructor for physical therapy students as well as residents and fellows in a specialty area of physical therapy.
- Performs physical therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises physical therapist assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of physical therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status. Works PTAs to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Provides verbal and/or written home instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Schedules patients to achieve and maintain a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standard established for the facility by the organization while ensuring delivery of quality patient care.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Act 33 and 73 clearances required. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Physical Therapist
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $0 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.