Job DescriptionJob Title: Kitchen Stewrd
Job ID: 1900019T
Facility: UPMC Senior Communities
The Kitchen Steward maintains standards of housekeeping and sanitation in production, service, dining, and storage areas. Maintains department in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with Health Department guidelines.
- Assist in light food preparation as directed by manager or chef on duty
- Assist in serving food and beverages to the residents in the dining room
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in designated food service areas following established procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes and related service ware following established procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Cleans large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures. Adheres to recycling guidelines.
- Complete table settings with water, butter, and crackers prior to each meal
- Consistently adheres to SDS information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Deliver meals to residents' apartments when requested
- Maintains inspection-readiness at all times and follows HACCP procedures while completing job duties.
- Monitors and records temperatures according to operation guidelines.
- Uses and maintains equipment according to manufacturer and department guidelines; follows all safety procedures.
Educational and Knowledge Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED or currently enrolled in high school program preferred; 1 year previous job experience required in lieu of High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Work permit required if under 18 years old
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
Salary Range: $12.87 to $19.55 / hour
Union Position: no
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.