Job DescriptionJob Title: CNA Primary Instructor
Job ID: 76406762
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Asbury Heights
Department: Nursing Administration
Located in Mt. Lebanon PA, Asbury Heights staff is dedicated to improving the lives of older adults through high-quality and compassionate care.
The CNA Primary Instructor is responsible for the co-ordination, management and presentation of UPMC Senior Communities CNA Training Program in compliance with PA Department of Education requirements. The CNA Primary Instructor collaborates with the facilities management teams, Talent Acquisition, and HR Consultants to identify and approve students for CNA classes and follow through with the required testing process. The CNA Primary Instructor is responsible for the co-ordination and management of the UPMC Senior Communities process for CPR classes including co-ordination of facility instructors with the UPMC Pre Hospital Training Network. . The Clinical Instructor must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to instruct students in care provision that is relevant to residents in LTC.
- Maintain Record keeping as mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Instruct students to develop and implement effective study skills, practices and techniques.
- Conduct all aspects of CNA training including classroom theory, lab practice and on-site clinical experience at a minimum of 51% of total program hours.
- Ensure confidentiality of all program records and student information.
- Provide lab demonstrations and return demonstrations to measure learning outcomes.
- Coordinate and manage the process for UPMC Senior Communities CPR Training Program including: Co-ordination with UPMC Pre Hospital Care for Instructor training, CPR Card ordering and distribution and required record keeping and submission.Maintain ongoing roster of current CPR Instructors in UPMC Senior Communities facilities and arrange Instructor Training sessions as needed to meet facility needs.
- Maintain accurate records, schedules, and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content.
- Collaborate with facility management, Talent Acquisition, and HR Consultants to facilitate process for clearance of student and submission of required documentation prior to the initiation of class.
- Maintain schedule for CNA classes and notify all facilities of schedule.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques.
- Provide support to students; present as a professional role model.
- Maintain active roster of current CNA Instructors in UPMC Senior Communities facilities and arrange Instructor Training sessions as needed to meet facility needs and training program requirements.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for supplies, materials, and equipment as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom and lab area; ensure that waste and byproducts are disposed according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards and procedures.
- Enforce classroom protocols, rules and regulations; maintain classroom discipline; and promote behavior according to UPMC Senior Communities Policies including Time and Attendance, Dress Code, Safety and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a clean, neat and professional appearance at all times
- Evaluate and document trainee progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained.
- Maintain knowledge of current related state and federal requirements and modify curriculum accordingly.
- Collaborate with facility staff to identify appropriate residents for student clinical participation.
- Provide quizzes, unit tests, on program content, to measure learning needs.
- Assist with regional and facility education and training needs as indicated and assigned.
- Facilitate scheduling of CNA testing through American Red Cross and collect and analyze results.
- Attend Pennsylvania Department of Education Seminars as indicated and initiate policy or program charges.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate CNA training program according to PA Department of Education Curriculum requirements. Assist other facility instructors as needed with CNA training programs.
- Maintain Record of attendance/Grades
- Complete scheduled self-assessment of CNA training program and prepare for on-site surveys; prepare and complete necessary plans of correction to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Provide process for make up days' when indicated.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
2 years work experience in Long Term Care required
Experience conducting CNA classes preferred
Experience with adult education preferred
Trained Educator preferredBasic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Registered Nurse (RN) Teaching Certificate Act 34 OAPSA
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Instructor certification obtained within 6 months of hireVerification of completion of PA Teaching the Educator for CNA Instruction requiredCPR or BLS within 30 days of beginning employment.CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $25.07 to $42.98 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.