Job DescriptionJob Title: Pharmacist, Night
Job ID: 1900019M
Hours: 7:30 pm - 6:30 am or 8:30 pm - 7:30 am.
Shift: Night Job
Facility: Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Department: 32425 MAGEE Pharmacy
Do you thrive off of working night hours? UPMC Magee-Women's Hospital is looking for a motivated Pharmacist to join their inpatient night team! This position offers a unique schedule of 7 nights on and 7 off. If you have a passion for providing amazing patient care and love night shift, we invite you to apply!
This is a full-time position that will work 7:30 pm - 6:30 am or 8:30 pm - 7:30 am with 7 on and 7 off. We offer a competitive wage, a generous total rewards benefits package, and the opportunity to learn and grow in your pharmacy career. Apply today to learn more!
Ensure optimal patient outcomes; educate present and future practitioners and supporting drug-related research. These services will be provided in compliance with state and federal regulations, JCAHO standards, the mission, policies and procedures of the hospital and department. Pharmacist will be involved in patient care activities supporting a variety of patient populations ranging from adolescents to geriatrics. Inpatient and outpatient practice areas include, but are not limited to, general medicine, surgery, intensive care, psychiatry, orthopedics, oncology and cardiology.
- Review medication orders for safe and effective indication, dose, route, and scheduled administration. This monitoring and evaluation is appropriately documented.
- Audit and maintain accurate records for all controlled substances. Assure that all controlled substances are stored and dispensed in compliance with Federal, State, and Departmental regulations.
- Screen all medication orders for Adverse Drug Reactions/Medication Errors as per Department standards and report through appropriate reporting process.
- Demonstrate behaviors that support the Mission, Vision, and Values Statement of the hospital, the Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics and contribute to the overall success of our organization.
- Support drug-related research by assisting in the procurement, accountability, storage, preparation, and distribution of investigational/study drugs.
- Annually complete continuing education programs related to Pharmacy Practice as a mandatory requirement for maintaining an active license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Where applicable, document clinical interventions in accordance with Department procedures.
- Support Drug Use Disease State Management initiatives conducted by the Department.
- Where applicable, assist in the completion of monthly Nursing Unit liaison reports/emergency medication cart checks by the last day of each month following Department and JCAHO Guidelines.
- Support established workflow for pharmacist and technician roles.
- Provide direct supervision for evening and night technicians, including annual performance reviews.
- MWH Responsibilities: Provides oversight for all pharmacy services on the night shift. Ensures good customer service and resolves/reports service related, system or automation issues.
- Support effective communications by using the Communicaton Log between shifts.
- Participate in Pharmacy Manager Oncall Schedule. Triage call-offs, identify suitable replacements for shifts.
- Participate in process improvements on night shift, as well as between shifts
B.S. degree in Pharmacy or Pharmacy degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
1 years of post licensure hospital, long-term care, or home infusion pharmacy experience strongly preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
* Act 33 with renewal
* Act 34 with renewal
* Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $48.54 to $78.57 / hour
Union Position: no
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.