Job DescriptionJob Title: Administrative Summer Residency - Health Services Division
Job ID: 1900016W
Shift: Day Job
The UPMC Health Services Division (HSD) Summer Residency is a 500-hour, paid internship starting in mid-May 2020. Working 40-hours a week, Summer Residents will have a unique opportunity to learn and contribute to the UPMC Health Services Division, while pursuing their health care career interests. Summer Residents receive mentorship from Executives and Fellows in the Administrative Fellowship Program. The Summer Residency Program will offer opportunities to:
- Gain broad exposure to various aspects of the UPMC HSD.
- Better understand the role of the HSD as it relates to UPMC and its function as part of a fully integrated academic medical center.
- Strengthen health care experience through work on various projects.
- Observe executive-level meetings.
- Improve management, leadership, communication, networking, and analytical skills.
Each Resident will be assigned to a preceptor at the executive administrative level or above and will be exposed to different areas within the HSD (and UPMC) that lie outside of their immediate department assignment. Upon successful completion of the Summer Residency Program, participants will be invited to apply to the post-graduate Administrative Fellowship Program.
- Students must be pursuing an MBA, MHA, MPH, or equivalent master-level degree. Preference will be given to students attending an accredited degree program.
- Candidates are required to be proficient in Microsoft Office software, hardworking, conscientious, self-motivated, and exemplify excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership ability through their studies, employment, or extracurricular activities.
Required Documents to Upload at Time of Application
Applicants must attach the following in a single PDF: resume, undergraduate transcript, graduate transcript, and personal statement (2-page limit). The personal statement must include the following:
- Describe how the UPMC Residency Program aligns with your professional career goals.
- Discuss your first work experience (college or earlier) and describe the valuable skills it provided to you.
- Provide a brief summary of hobbies and personal interests.
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*
- Applications due by December 27, 2020 for Summer 2020 Residents.
- Applications will be reviewed through mid-January.
- Interviews to be conducted in subsequent weeks.
- Verbal offers to be extended by early March 2020.
*Subject to change
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: As Required
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Salary Range: $0 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.