Description Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, brave ideas, grit, & determination?
Are you a self-starter interested in improving user experience?
Are you passionate about changing the face of healthcare & impacting the lives of others all over the globe?
Then we want YOU!
At UPMC Enterprises, we build companies by partnering with existing health care technology companies to accelerate their growth (acceleration) or by developing new products (de novo). Our Product Management teams are central to this development, and as a Product Management Summer Associate, students must be comfortable in a dynamic role where they are able to bridge cross-functional disciplines while balancing business, technical, and design constraints to help their team bring a product to market.
* Works with interdisciplinary teams and across functional departments, including engineering, design, marketing and finance teams to carry out strategic plan for assigned product(s) or domain(s)
* Produces deliverables that tell concise business stories using data driven, evidence-based, and human-centered arguments
* Builds buy-in for the product or company from both external and internal stakeholders
* Serves as point-person between stakeholders and organizations for assigned products
* Engages with Subject Matter Experts for in-depth evaluation (clinical, scientific, business, design, etc.)
* Maintains opportunity management process and web-based CRM documentation platform
* Presents investment and product development recommendations to executive leadership
* Communicates activities, statuses, issues, and accomplishments to management and partners as needed
As an organization dedicated to Life Changing Medicine, UPMC has defined a bold mission: to shape the future of health care through innovation. At UPMC Enterprises, we are at the forefront of this innovation. UPMC Enterprises is the innovation and commercialization arm of the organization, with a focus in translational science and technology solutions in the healthcare marketplace. Through this work, UPMC Enterprises hopes to revolutionize the way we approach patient care.
As a UPMC Enterprises Summer Associate, you will have an opportunity to participate in a highly competitive, full time, 11-week paid summer internship program with an organization that's committed to finding solutions to the complicated challenges facing health care providers and their patients. Our work is about using creativity to tackle exciting projects that become life-changing products.
We're looking for students who...
* Are passionate and determined to make a difference!
* Problem solvers! Someone who can approach a problem creatively while utilizing quantitative analysis and strategic thinking.
* Cares about the user experience, and are eager to find ways to improve our product for all users.
* Believes in our Core Values. They are not just written on the walls. We demonstrate our commitment to these values daily.
* Have emerging leadership abilities, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
* Care about the work they do, the people we work with, and the patients we work for.
* Pride themselves on their integrity. It's not just about the work we do, but how we do it.
* Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration, or Master of Public Health 1st year students with December 2020 - May 2021 anticipated graduation date (Note: PhD or MD preferred for Translational Sciences Product Management Summer Associate)
* Prior experience in product management, healthcare management, or software engineering or design a plus
* Availability to participate in the Summer Associate Program full time, from June to August 2020 for approximately 11 weeks with minimal absence
Recruitment Timeline Expectations*:
* Application Deadline: January 20th
* 1st Interview - Phone Interview: To be sent through late January
* Final In-Person Interviews: Mid-February
* Verbal Offers: Late February - Early March
*Subject to change.
**Please ensure that you check your email address used during the application process for any application status updates.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: As Required
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.