Job DescriptionJob Title: Psychologist II (Pediatric Neurology)
Job ID: 60180006
Hours: Monday - Friday, daylight
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Department: Behavioral Science Div
The Psychologist II - Pediatric Neurology will take a leadership role on an integrated care team to provide behavioral evaluations and treatment recommendations to children and adolescents treated in a neurology department. Requirements include a demonstrated history of successful team building and communication within a collaborative care team. Strong preference will be given to candidates with advanced diagnostic skill, and advanced knowledge of a range of evidence-based behavioral interventions for children presenting with pain, headache, tics, seizures, depression, anxiety and other conditions. Certification in cognitive behavioral therapy, biofeedback and comprehensive behavioral intervention for tics is preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication is required, as is the ability to problem-solve and engage with a large team around complex medical and psychiatric needs. A demonstrated history of the skills necessary to work at a fast pace on busy collaborative teams is required, with preference given to psychologists who have collaborated with neurologists, psychiatrists, social workers, OT/PT and speech clinicians, nursing, and other pediatric disciplines in an outpatient setting.
- Consults and collaborates with multidisciplinary teams regarding patient care and treatment planning.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain accurate and complete records and data collection, performed in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates highly developed knowledge and skill in the area of differential diagnosis of psychiatric disorders.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant literature and empirically validated treatments.
- Maintains knowledge of the literature relevant to the relevant patient population.
- Participates in regular supervisory meetings with direct supervisor to review adherence to program standards.
- Performs psychological assessment with accurate diagnostic impressions.
- Provides behavioral health services in using an acute and maintenance model.
- Provides behavioral health services, using empirically validated treatments and interventions.
- Provides crisis sessions to support and assist patients experiencing acute distress and/or symptoms, as needed.
- Provides formal teaching and supervision for staff and trainees.
- Schedules sufficient volume of patients so that direct service productivity standards are maintained within the department.
- Works collaboratively with other service lines at UPMC and outside agencies assuring continuity of care with referral sources and other providers. May participate in research efforts by assisting in subject recruitment, conducting research assessments or treatment, as directed by supervisor.
Doctoral degree in Psychology (PsyD or PhD) from an accredited institution required.
Three (3) years of experience in Psychology or related field required.
Post-doctoral fellowship in position specific area preferred.
Excellent clinical interviewing and assessment/therapy skills to work with patients and families.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Active PA Psychology License
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $31.82 to $54.34 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.