Job DescriptionJob Title: Director, Behavioral Health Services (UPMC Susquehanna)
Job ID: 41770129
Shift: Day Job
Department: BH IP Support Team
UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital is seeking a Director of Behavioral Health Services to provide strategic oversight and leadership across all of UPMC Susquehanna's behavioral health service lines. The position reports back to UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital but services and sits at all of UPMC Susquehanna's business units. This position requires up to 60% travel within the region and 40% office time at UPMC Susquehanna's main hospital. This Director will lead growth and operational objectives to manage behavioral health service delivery. This role collaborates with executive leadership on strategies to develop behavioral health services. Our ideal candidate must focus on workforce development, internal and external stakeholder partnerships, financial planning, budgeting, policy-making and administration.
* Manages day to day operations of the UPMC WPH Behavioral Health Service Line in respective region.
* Partners with the Service Line Leadership to analyze the healthcare market and develop strategy for business development/census targets. Identify total census and census mix barriers and develop strategies to eliminate and minimize internal census development barriers.
* Supports leadership in activities including roll-out of operational initiatives.
* Maintains departmental compliance with accrediting bodies (i.e. TJC, ACRO, DOH, CMS, OSHA, etc.) and ensures all activities are carried out in compliance with organizational policy and local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing activities, organizational structures, management philosophy and mission and vision statements
* Demonstrates creativity and initiative and focus on cost containment and operational effectiveness activities.
* Demonstrate the ability to effectively respond to emergent situations, including appropriate notifications.
* Assess, evaluate and identify program strength and opportunities for improvement through PDSA process.
* Coordinates staff development within the program to meet program needs, including annual review of position specific competencies.
* Attends and participates in all relevant WPH/provider/stakeholder meetings or committees to ensure positive working relationships and increase knowledge of systems
* Actively participates in identification of areas for improvement and works in collaboration with the leadership to implement programmatic revisions.
* Represents WPH in clinical leadership role and as content experts at various corporate workgroups or committees, at various State and Local functions as requested.
* Provides strategic direction with matrix oversight of Behavioral Health support in emergency departments, urgent cares, inpatient and ambulatory settings.
* Works with UPMC Behavioral Health Service Line leadership on strategic initiatives for Behavioral Health services.
* Directs the work of the Behavioral Health Service Line staff.
* Works with UPMC Behavioral Health Service Line and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine leadership, and facility leadership on strategic initiatives for Behavioral Health related services.
* Provides and assists with data governance development and management of behavioral health quality and performance analytics.
* Provides regular reviews of Behavioral Health operations to ensure quality patient care and staff support needs are met.
* Monitors staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and protocols. Establish annual and quarterly objectives and key results for the region. Partners with Government Relations to advocate for legislation, policies and regulation that are favorable to behavioral health and other stakeholders in the area. Responsible for overseeing and managing the financial performance of the service line. Responsible for improving quality, safety and the patient experience across the behavioral health area.
Qualifications * Master's Degree Required in a human services related field
* Required Five years of relevant experience in a management or leadership role in behavioral healthcare and/or substance abuse services.
* Within the scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $44.44 to $66.67 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.