Job DescriptionJob Title: Pharmacy Technician
Job ID: 28081758
Hours: Evening with rotation
Shift: Evening Job
Full-time -Evening with Rotation
This is a union (AFSCME) position
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on-bonus!
Whether you are a recent Pharmacy Tech graduate or a seasoned Pharmacy Tech seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC Altoona!
*$2,000 sign-on-bonus available with a one year employment commitment
Responsible for the proper storage and distribution of drugs; receives and accounts for drugs coming from all vendors. Delivers drugs to patient care and other areas; picks up drug returns and applicable paperwork; and puts all returned unit-dose products back to proper receipts. Responsible for filling patient drug boxes, floor stock orders and automated dispensing cabinets. Assists Pharmacists as directed. Maintains daily report.
- Accurately fills floor stock request.
- Basic understanding of concept of physical stability and chemical stability as it relates to parenteral pharmaceuticals.
- Correctly interpret physician orders and can distinguish between pharmaceutical orders, laboratory tests, radiology, nursing and other orders.
- Repackages drugs into unit of use container.
- Perform monthly medication storage area inspections.
- Prepare correct labeling for bulk drugs.
- Understands microbial contamination and exhibits Aseptic Technique while preparing sterile pharmaceutical products.
- Selects drugs from stock in proper dose, dosage form and quantity as ordered by physician under direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Perform basic pharmaceutical calculations.
Qualifications Education and Formal Training Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Certified Pharmacist Technician Certification Preferred or Certification required within one year of hire.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) required within 1 year of hireAct 34
- Prefer 6 months of previous pharmacy experience
- Must be familiar with typewriter keyboard and demonstrate the ability by producing a neat, accurate and legible copy.
- Individual must have ability to adapt to the computerized Pharmacy Information Systems utilized.
- Individual must demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $0 / hour
Union Position: Yes
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.