Job DescriptionJob Title: Nurse Educator Inpatient/ED - Lock Haven (Full-time)
Job ID: 44403486
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Susquehanna Lock Haven
Department: NURSING ADMINISTRATION
Description UPMC Susquehanna is currently seeking a full-time Nurse Educator at the Lock Haven campus!
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse who is looking to both orient and educate staff on Med Surg, Critical Care and Emergency Department.
A successful candidate for this position would have a background in acute care.
Schedule for this role is primarily Mondays-Fridays, day shift with minimal holiday requirements.
The Nurse Educator, a professional registered nurse, has the authority, responsibility and accountability for delivery of nursing education. Orientation, continuing education and ongoing support for the nursing staff are the main objectives. The Nurse Educator must demonstrate the knowledge and educational skills necessary to assess, plan and provide the educational programs that are required.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships internally and externally by building teams and relationships through mentoring and modeling uplifting and positive communication. Extends trust by acknowledging the contributions of others; listens first, creates transparency in communications, confronts reality, and clarifies expectations.Conveys information and ideas clearly through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Perform related duties as required
- Actively participates in department or practice-specific quality improvement efforts. Identifies opportunity for quality improvement to colleagues and management. Utilizes research and evidence-based practice to support improvement in clinical care: identifies research issues or articles related to clinical specialty or areas of interest
- Receive feedback and direction constructively.Serve as a formal and informal mentor for new staff members and mentor new preceptors to be successful in their role.Serve as a resource/consultant for patients, nursing staff and other disciplines in area of specialty.Participate in department-based Performance Improvement projects.Participate in self-review.Improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs.Demonstrate a high level of initiative, work independently, and establish priorities to meet department and organizational goals.Obtain and maintain appropriate certifications.Participate in professional and community organizations.Develops professional coaching and feedback skills.
- Facilitates orientation and general continuing education programs. Utilize nursing process in teaching staff how to manage the care of patients including assessment, interdisciplinary planning, implementation, evaluation of patient care, teaching and discharge planning.Lead in the development of standards of nursing care and nursing policies.Identify, communicate and respond to meet the learning needs of nursing staff.Develop, implement and evaluate orientation and continuing education programs based on learning needs, clinical priorities and organizational resources.Facilitate staff initiatives to improve patient care.Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.Promotes patient education.
- Demonstrate awareness of the impact of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department and organization.Take a leading role in major hospital-wide projects.Assume responsibility for complex assignments and view problems as challenges.Apply creative and innovative strategies in problem solving to achieve desired goals.Facilitates student experiences as appropriate.
- BSN Required (BSN waived if MSN obtained in program not conferring BSNs)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience
- Relevant teaching experience
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse license.CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireUPMC approved certification preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Registered Nurse (RN)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Salary Range: $31.3 0 to $48.51 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.