Primary Function: Responsible for developing, implementing and documenting individual programs for mental health consumers. Responsible for completing mental status exams and be knowledgeable of the DSM4. Responsible to provide supportive counseling. To act as an advocate and represent clients needs and rights with outside social service agencies, families, etc. Responsible to assist and support mental health consumers in all activities of daily living. Responsible for the design and facilitation of therapeutic groups. Responsible for planning and implementing community integration plans for consumers. Responsible for administering medications as prescribed by physician. Responsible for following all doctor's orders regarding wound care, speech, Physical therapy, Occupational therapy or any other prescribed directive. Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by the Program supervisor and or Director of Adult Residential Mental Health Services.
Education: Minimum of Associate's degree in human service field or 60 credit hours. DPW approved Medication Administration Training (provided by Elwyn).
Experience: One to two years in the mental health field with supervisory experience preferred. Valid driver's license and a safe driving record, and continued maintenance of same.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will develop and implement individual programs for mental health consumers and provide other individualized case management functions as directed by supervisor or director..
- Exercises sound judgment and good decision making appropriate to assignment.
- Will provide all appropriate documentation set forth by Director including monthly summaries, menu plans, and medication administration recording and individual behavioral/psychiatric assessments .
- Demonstrate ability to provide mental status exams using DSM 4 criteria.
- Provide supportive counseling to mental health consumers with personal, behavioral or social problems.
- Develop and adherence of individual behavior management plans .
- Will advocate for resident with outside agencies including, but not limited to Social security, Department of Public Welfare, Delaware County Office of Behavioral Health, Delaware County Base Service Units.
- Will interface with families of residents other interested parties.
- Design and facilitate therapeutic groups according to individual needs.
- Plan and implement community integration plans for residents.
- Administer medications to residents as directed by physician following successful completion of DPW approved medication administration training and certification.
- Maintain communication with medical physician, psychiatrist, and pharmacist. Ability to take verbal and written physician orders and transcribe.
- Maintain communication with appropriate ancillary service providers such as speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Assist and train consumers in all aspects of selfcare in order to ensure the maximal level of independence for that individual. These area will include all aspects of personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, meal serving, budgeting, laundry and housekeeping.
- Ensure a safe and clean living environment for residents.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Provide routine health care functions as directed such as obtaining and recording vital signs, weights and glucometer readings.
- Encourage individuals in the constructive use of leisure time.
- Escort residents to and from day programs and appointments.
- Attend scheduled staff team meetings.
- Facilitate resident house meetings.
- Attend appropriate inservice as directed by supervisor
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Observe and make written entries in the log book as directed.
- Conduct fire drills and building inspections and provide the appropriate documentation for same.Report all problems or concerns to supervisor or director.
- Will remain on duty until relieved.
- Maintain current certification/recertification of CPR, First Aid and Medication Administration certification ..
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by thePersonal care Supervisor and or Director of Adult Residential Mental Health Services. These general duties describe some principal functions of the job, but should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent int his position. The Director reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as needs arise.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #mon #ca