Job DescriptionJob Title: Director, Medical Staff Recruitment (Altoona)
Job ID: 86430995
Hours: Monday thru Friday 9-5
Shift: Day Job
Department: BMA Administration
Description UPMC Altoona, a 380 bed hospital, provides exceptional health care to more than 20 countires throughout Central Pennsylvania. With nearly 3,000 employees, it is the largest employer in the county, and is a tertiary hospital, offering an array of specialized programs and services. UPMC Altoona offers more than 200 years of health care experience, over 300 talented and highly recognized physicians, nearly 4,000 specialized and experienced caregivers, and 600 supportive volunteers.
As Director, you will direct the functions of Medical Staff Recruitment and is accountable for all matters pertaining to the recruitment and retention of physicians, mid-level providers and locum tenens. You will also be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and long-range plans to recruit and retain the best physicians within Susquehanna Health Medical Group (SHMG).Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the budget of Medical Staff Recruitment and Retention; has direct responsibility for managing cost. Negotiates and maintains contracts with vendors such as physician and executive search firms, relocation/moving companies, locum tenen firms.
- Promote long term organizational success by creating plans for future success within span of control.
- Coordinate recruitment and retention events and site visits to ensure candidates and their families are properly introduced to the Medical Staff, Administrative Staff, and community members.
- Coordinate support of volunteers, physicians, physician spouses, area business board members, and others in the recruitment and retention effort.
- Maintain a standardized tracking and reporting mechanism to be shared with senior leadership.
- Manage retention plans for SHMG physicians and their families that includes an orientation in to the community and physician practice, assisting with job placement for trailing spouses, housing, etc.
- Plan events to encourage networking among SHMG physicians and provides systematic follow-up with recruited physicians and their families to ensure professional and community satisfaction.
- Develop Manpower Needs assessment and medical staff development plans.
- Partner with leaders and physicians of other service lines in order to develop strategies and plans necessary to meet current and future needs of the service area.
- Develop criteria and implements processes for selection, recruitment and staffing of physicians and midlevel providers for SHMG.
- Partner with service line leaders and other directors to impact large programs and project results.
- Define, identify and execute initiatives vital to successful recruitment strategies and campaigns by analyzing trends and making recommendations regarding compensation and benefits, implementing recruitment strategies and developing appropriate recruitment literature and participating in external recruitment education events.
- Direct staff in the recruitment and retention of physicians, mid-level providers and locum tenens.
- Work closely with finance, legal, service line leaders on contract development and being the primary interface with the physician during contract negotiations.
- Bachelors degree in Business or healthcare related field required.
- Five years experience in healthcare or recruitment required.
- Three years experience in management with emphasis on marketing, referral relations, public relations and medical staff recruitment preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer / Disability / Veteran
Salary Range: $0 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.