Job DescriptionJob Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - (3 Mansfield) - Medical/Surgical
Job ID: 89805167
UPMC McKeesport is currently hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work on the 3 Mansfield - Medical/Surgical unit.
This position will work a regular full time schedule with rotating shifts including holidays and weekends.
Under direction of a registered nurse, provide routine patient care within the scope of the Practical Nurse Act of Pennsylvania.Responsibilities:
- Implements the Plan of Care in collaboration with the RN within the scope of licensure and according to established policies and procedures.
- Complies with established medication use policies.
- Reports and provides changes in patient condition to RN/physician.
- Participates in patient and family teaching
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Serve as a resource for staff and other disciplines.
- Request assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures prior to performing new or challenging skills.
- Constructively receive feedback and direction.
- Serve as a preceptor for new staff members.
- Understands and implements the rehabilitation routine and philosophy including FIMS within the scope of practice.
- Provide appropriate, direct patient care. Give injections, take vital signs, perform basic diagnostic tests, observe patients, dress wounds and administer medication. Comply with established medication use policies.
- Assist the RN and interdisciplinary team in evaluating, planning, and implementing plans of care.
- Perform assigned work in a timely and productive manner.
- Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies.
- Successfully completes FIM exam as required bi-annually.
- Suggest and support changes within the department.
- Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department.
- Maintain current CPR certification at Health Care Provider level.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families about hospital stay and home care concerns. Instruct and demonstrate care. Discuss any patient or family concerns with RN in charge so that issue can be appropriately addressed.
- Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs.
- Participate in project and committee work.
- Identify and communicate learning needs to the unit director.
- Participate in health care conferences.
- Participate in self-review as requested by unit director.
- Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Request assistance to help in planning and prioritizing activities as needed.
- Assume responsibility for assignment and view problems as challenges.
- Observe and record patient's symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and report results to the RN in charge.
- Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to patient care and hospital-related information.
- Completion of a Practical Nursing Program approved by the State Board of Nursing.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, family members, visitors and staff members.
- Basic computer skills necessary to input patient care orders and medical record documentation.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Temporary Practice Permit (TPP) Act 34 OAPSA
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $0 / hour
Union Position: Yes
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.