Job DescriptionJob Title: Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse - Nights - Bedford County
Job ID: 19854822
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Home Nursing Agency
Department: Ped Home Connection SKN
This is a pediatric homecare position that would travel to patient's homes to provide care. Looking for a candidate to cover 9 hour shifts 4-5 nights per week.
Provide high quality private duty nursing care to children and their families within the confines of the Pennsylvania state licensing laws in accordance with Agency policies and procedures and Agency code of ethics. This will be done in a manner consistent with efficiency, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Self assess educational needs and initiate plan to maintain/attain pediatric clinical competencies.
- Promote personal and co-worker safety during work duties.
- Provides direct nursing service in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Provides assigned pediatric nursing care to children and families in a private duty home setting using a family centered care approach.
- Performs approved nursing procedures and treatments as ordered.
- Identify and reports findings to the Pediatric Home Connection Clinical Case Manager.Document and communicate observations, nursing care and evaluation through reports and records.
- Adheres to Agency and standard principles of infection control.
- Follows the mutually agreed upon plan of care.
- Participates in continuing education programs, clinical conferences, quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Endeavor to achieve and maintain quality and customer satisfaction in the delivery of services to internal/external customers.
- Demonstrates support of Agency mission and philosophy in delivery of services.
- Maintain and protect client, family and Agency confidentiality.
- Graduate of a Practical Nurse Program accredited by NLN required.
- One year pediatric work experience preferred.Access to transportation in the Agency service area with valid Pennsylvania driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered, certified or licensed as required by state law for the profession.CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire. Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first. Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
Automotive Insurance Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Driver's License Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Temporary Practice Permit (TPP) Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance OAPSA
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $14.70 to $22.53 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.