PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide technical expertise for the Realtime IT Outage Management Systems (OMS) and Interfaces that support PECO Distribution System Operations. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. Expected to work under minimal supervision and manage a team of application support professionals. On-call and emergency support will also be a requirement for the position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide technical expertise in support of maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions for distribution system operations.
- Contribute to project technical architecture design and development and provide support to resolve application design and architecture issues.
- Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals by utilizing Exelon's standard governance process as outlined in the Management Model.
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
- Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting.
- Continuously upgrade applications to Exelon and Industry based standards including server and database upgrades, IIS upgrades, and so forth.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
- Support companywide security initiatives.
- Provide 24/7 support as part of a rotational team.
- Maintain deep knowledge of technology and its application across Exelon
- Promote knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications within IT and Exelon
- Participate in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and 10 to 15 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of the Utilities Business, including understanding of electric & gas distribution systems.
- Familiarity with key systems such as GIS, OMS, AMOS, ADMS, etc, as well as related integrations.
- Software support experience within an application support environment.
- Solid knowledge of Oracle databases (SQL), PL/SQL, MQ Series, Web Development, and .Net.
- Excellent communications skills - must be able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Understanding of project management principles and experience leading projects
- Knowledge and experience in middleware technologies is a plus
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster