Job DescriptionJob Title: Professional Staff Nurse - Home Health (Mental Health) (Greensburg and Surrounding)
Job ID: 89645623
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Home Healthcare
Department: Skilled Nur South Pod C
UPMC Home Healthcare is now hiring a Mental Health Nurse in the Greensburg and surrounding neighborhoods. In this role, you will provide comprehensive psychiatric nursing services and medical nursing care to patients in comfort of their own homes. You will also provide education to patients and their families. This position works flexible daylight hours Monday-Friday, and a weekend rotation every third weekend. Mileage is reimbursed at the IRS rate of 57.5 cents per mile.
Are you new to the field of Home Health? Home Health nursing can provide you with an impactful career that also provides opportunities for advancement, access to the most modern equipment and technology, excellent benefits, and more! Our nurses love the flexible daylight hours, one-on-one patient care, independence, the emphasis on patient education, and the ability to be true patient advocates. Our team of compassionate and supportive nurses and nursing leaders make UPMC Home Healthcare a truly wonderful place to work!
**This position is also eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus. Apply now to learn more!**
Job title and salary will be based upon qualifications and career ladder requirements.
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi-disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patients
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues. Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards
Master's degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certification in psychiatric nursing by the American Nurse Association preferred
Bachelor's degree in nursing:
- Must have nursing experience within the last three years in the psychiatric or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care
Diploma or associate's degree in nursing:
- Must have one year of recent (within the last three years) nursing experience in the psychiatric hospital or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care
- Must have two years recent (within the last three years) nursing experience in the psychiatric or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- UPMC approved national certification preferred.
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 33 Child Clearance
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $26.22 to $40.28 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.