Director, Cost Accounting
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2017 sales of $1.6 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
This position leads the development and implementation of global standard costing methodologies for West's products, which includes policy creation and implementation, harmonization of standard costing procedures and global rollout, and support of related IT systems implementations. This position will also work to establish a centralized global standard costing function. Harmonized standard costs enable meaningful and actionable global financial analysis driving actions to improve operating results and build the basis for capital investment decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the global creation and harmonization of standard costing procedures for West's products.
- Works cross-functionally to create global standard costing policy and procedures and drive adoption across all West manufacturing sites globally.
- Works closely with plant controllers, regional product costing functions, the Controller's group, global engineering, and manufacturing sites to harmonize product costing globally.
- Leads annual standard cost calculations and release in ERP systems including related analyses and controls.
- Leverages industry and accounting best practices and expertise to develop state-of-the-art cost accounting structures and methodologies enabling meaningful cost and results analyses and benchmarking of manufacturing cost across plants driving manufacturing location and other capital investment decisions.
- Develops detailed plan for IT systems (SAP HANA) implementation and drives global rollout process.
- Establishes a centralized global standard costing function which will perform product costing and individual product cost estimates for all manufacturing sites globally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in finance
- In-depth cost accounting and product costing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment on a global basis
- Strong influencing and change management skills
- Present analyses and advocate recommended actions to a variety of audiences with self-confidence
- Ability to respectfully communicate to and challenge senior leadership
- Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, proactive
- Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Results orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Self-starter and independent worker
- SAP experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MBA, CMA and/or CPA preferred
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all times
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all times.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time domestically and internationally
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to work in an office environment
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.