Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Our finance team supports the CIO (Information Technology team), focusing heavily on the month-end financial close, forecasting, and budgeting processes.
What you will be doing
As an addition to the team, you will be a part of a fast-paced team that provides an environment focused on building, challenging and growing your skills to enhance your career.
Responsibilities you will be accountable for include but not limited to:
* Performing monthly financial planning and analysis, for forecast, budget forecast, month-end close, and ad-hoc analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
* Performing month-end close responsibilities, which includes completing journal entries and variance analysis to forecast
* Meeting with organizational unit/department managers to review recommendations for financial plans to help drive budgeted and forecasted results
* Prepares standard and ad hoc reporting for management summarizing results of research, analyses and evaluation of any discrepancies
* Gathers and analyzes current data to aid in estimating future capital expenditures
* Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring
* Bachelor's degree, Accounting or Finance preferred
* Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
* Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
* Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
* Analytical and statistical examination skills
* Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
* Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
* Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
* Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
* Ability to establish and maintain effective
Added bonus if you have
* Public Company Finance experience
* Public Accounting experience
* FP&A experience
What we offer you
* A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
* The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
* Time to support charities and give back in your community
* A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
* Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500 Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.