Job DescriptionJob Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - Days/Evenings - Muncy Valley Skilled Nursing Unit
Job ID: 773847
Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. / 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Facility: Muncy Valley Long Term Care
Department: SKILLED NURSING UNIT LTC
Are you a caring and compassionate graduate or experienced Licensed Practical Nurse with a special place in your heart for the older geriatric population? If you are searching for an opportunity to have variety in your day and to be challenged as a nurse, our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at UPMC Susquehanna Muncy could be the perfect fit for you!
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team Full-Time and support our Day and Evening shifts on rotation. This position would include an every third weekend rotation.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will provide resident care within the scope of the Practical Nurse Act of Pennsylvania. In collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team, you will ensure the physical, medical, and psychosocial needs of residents are met.
Sign On Bonus Details (Full-Time or Flex Full-Time)
Anyone hired into a full-time role will receive a $2,000.00 sign on bonus, upon signing a one-year employment agreement with UPMC. Details on the bonus would be given at the time of an offer, if chosen. Once employed, you can also refer another nurse and earn a referral bonus!
- Assists the RN and interdisciplinary team in evaluating, planning, and implementing plans of care.
- Assumes responsibility for assignment and views problems as challenges.
- Communicates effectively with residents and families about care concerns. Instructs and demonstrates care.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures, including Infection Control Precautions.
- Complies with established medication use policies.
- Constructively receives feedback and direction.
- Contributes to the unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting residents.
- Demonstrates awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team. Demonstrates awareness of cultural diversity, horizontal violence and impairment in the health professions. Cares for residents, staff, and self by supporting and promoting a culture of safety in the workplace, recognizing hazards, reporting and investigating incidents in a timely manner in accordance with policies, regulations, and prudent practices.
- Discusses any resident or family concerns with RN in charge, so that issues can be appropriately addressed.
- Establishes appropriate and effective communication strategies.
- Establishes professional and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Identifies and communicates learning needs to the Unit Manager/Nursing Leader.
- Observes and records resident's symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and reports results to the RN in charge.
- Oversees care given by Certified Nursing Assistants to ensure adequate and timely care is provided.
- Participates in resident care conferences.
- Participates in self-review as requested by Unit Manager.
- Performs assigned work in a timely and productive manner.
- Prior to performing new or challenging skills, requests assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures.
- Provides appropriate, direct resident care. Gives injections, takes vital signs, performs basic diagnostic tests, observes residents, dresses wounds, administers medication. Provides IV therapy as permitted by practice act and policy.
- Requests assistance to help in planning and prioritizing activities as needed.
- Strictly adheres to all policies and practices relative to resident care and facility-related information.
- Suggests and supports changes within the department.
- Takes action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or from self-identified development needs.
Completion of a Practical Nursing Program approved by the State Board of Nursing. Long term care experience preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity Employer/ Disability/ Veteran.
Salary Range: $17.49 to $26.25 / hour
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.