- Draper, UT, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
The Technical Support organization serves as a centralized point of contact for Customers, Partners and Internal FireEye functions to perform a wide range of administrative and technical related responsibilities. Working alongside our Technical Support Engineers, this team coordinates Customer Service and Subscription related activities and act as a focal point for basic problem resolution.
- To take technical support cases that relate to administration, set-up, provisioning and access to FireEye portal accounts.
- Learn about security rules and apply them to assist in security content tickets. In addition, cases in technical reproductions, research, and fact finding.
- Take on specific projects to improve the efficiency of the operation, i.e. - elastic search, knowledge-base articles, process workflows, new hire training, case deflection, etc.
- The Technical Support intern will learn FireEye products and Support processes and workflows to help with technical support cases.
- Gather new ideas and perspectives on the operations of Technical Support from an academic and fresh point of view.
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Networking, Database and Security
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Systems or other related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.