Under general direction of the Sr. Manager, Contract and Pricing Management, the Commercial Pricing Analyst is responsible for providing quantitative rationale for customer performance and price management strategy. Leverages data and analytics to verify, validate and ensure alignment to contracted commercial commitments. Assesses assigned commercial portfolio for adherence to priorities, pricing policies and governance frameworks. Builds and maintains tools and processes to monitor and measure pricing performance. Actively tracks and projects margin impacts from ongoing customer performance engagements.
As a Commercial Pricing Analyst, a typical day might include:
- Interacting with and providing analytical support to Sales, Finance, and other business teams in regard to Channel and Customer pricing performance against agreed upon contractual commitments.
- Performing monthly and quarterly detailed analysis of customer performance including transaction level data; synthesizing findings into relevant trends and communicating with Sales associates, GRx Managers, Customer Incentives, Customer Maintenance, etc. for the implementation of pricing changes and other solutions that drive revenue and margin optimization.
- Actively participating in the development of customer pricing strategies and tactics for assigned channels / classes of trade.
- Collaborating with Business / Customer Operations and other teams to ensure timely and effective on-boarding, set-up and maintenance of required pricing rules and conditions in consistent alignment with commercial contracted commitments is achieved.
- Developing and managing tools to facilitate pricing tactical execution and measure effectiveness to defined goals / objectives.
- Participating in quantification and impact analysis of existing or proposed pricing policies, procedures and governance frameworks.
- Owning and supporting initiatives geared toward streamlining current processes, creating new processes and using new technologies and systems.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, pricing, marketing, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, strategy, finance or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Requires minimum 3 years of directly related and progressively responsible experience, including at least 1 years' experience in analytics and project/process management.
Some additional requirements are:
- Sound expertise in financial / mathematical / statistical modeling and analysis.
- Proven ability to work analytically; synthesizing vast data into relevant, actionable information.
- Ability to implement and manage projects / processes aimed at driving simplification, standardization, or adherence to policy.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Good presentation skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Project, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).