STV is currently seeking an IT Remote Support Specialist for our IT Service Desk in Douglassville, PA, reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager. This position is targeted to work a 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. shift. The IT Service Desk hours of operation are 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET Monday to Friday and may require the candidate to work other shifts within that time period as necessary.
The position coordinates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots incoming employee calls using industry best practices. Provides support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from company users in STV offices across the country or working remotely. Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides ticket status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with users. Upholds standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to remote IT support.
Including, but not limited to:
- Field incoming service desk requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including things like name, department, contact information, and detailed nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Install software.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Update knowledge base as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Working knowledge of a range of PC, network, and system diagnostic utilities. Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills. Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, software, and peripherals including but not limited to:
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Virtual Desktops (VMWare / Unidesk / Citrix)
- iPhone / iPad support
- Active Directory administration
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Printers / Copiers
- Minimum of 2-5 years of related work experience.
- College degree in an information technology related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a medium to large corporate environment.
- Certifications in ITIL and/or Help Desk Institute a plus.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Douglassville, Pennsylvania, United States