|Position Summary: Serves as the chief technical authority regarding electrical engineering aspects of products (both proprietary and customer) and services, and provide functional leadership and guidance for the electrical engineering group.
- Ensure electrical designs meet all requirements, specifications, and customer’s expectations.
- Consistently apply sound, comprehensive engineering fundamentals, and advanced electrical/electronic design, simulation, and analysis engineering tools to develop cost-effective, successful products and practical solutions.
- Lead problem resolution and technical risk management.
- Manage electrical engineering tasks and supervises electrical engineers, designers, and technicians to achieve those tasks.
- Responsible for hiring, staffing, and handling all personnel issues. Trains and develops direct reports. Provides feedback and formal performance and coaching reviews.
- Provide work direction and guidance to staff to assure completion of assigned tasks and other duties.
- Develop and manage training and mentorship for electrical engineers, designers, and technicians.
- Develop job descriptions and requisitions, ensuring the team has the right amount and balance of labor and skill sets.
- Define standard work products and establish the standard of quality for their production.
- Develop and interpret department policy and procedures.