Job Location: Hershey, PA
This person has the primary responsibility to Dock operations, with a secondary task of supporting Warehouse operations. The incumbent will handle all incoming and outgoing packages and freight deliveries to and from the Tech Center and ensure proper storage and delivery of all appropriate materials within the facility. This position is responsible for the coordination of the facilities stock feed and recycling program. Serves in a backup role as the Tech Center Truck Driver.
- Receives small package items and palletized freight by offloading delivery vehicles, checking all packages and pallets for both visible and hidden damage, notating all damages and informing the carrier, verifying proper destination and total count of packages before signing for packages and pallets. Safely receives hazardous materials according to set policies. Detailed and accurate record keeping of all items received on the dock.
- Delivers smaller package items to their appropriate lab and office locations throughout the building with next day air and perishable packages taking priority. Properly documents package details and delivery locations to ensure accurate tracking information for the building. Notifies building personnel of larger palletized items received and follows the appropriate storage instructions provided.
- Prepares all outgoing shipments by appropriately packing items with safety and protection of items taking precedence. Prepares appropriate paperwork to facilitate the accurate and timely arrival of the shipment. Arranges transportation options through third-party carriers to ensure appropriate arrival at destination.
- Ensures accurate and detailed information is entered into the buildings computerized Lot Tracking system to ensure proper tracking of raw ingredients and finished goods to comply with Federal and company regulations.
- Operates electrically powered lift trucks and pallet jacks in a safe and efficient manner to facilitate the unloading and loading of freight.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies used in dock and pilot plant operations. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of all loading dock areas.
- Responsible for keeping track of trash compactor, metal recycling, wood recycling and construction dumpster levels. Coordinates with third-party companies to schedule pickups of full dumpsters to ensure continuity of building operations.
- Fully trained as the backup to the Warehouse attendant in the event of their absence.
Pilot Plant Support:
- Moves large and heavy pieces of palletized and freestanding equipment by hand and with electrically powered lift trucks throughout the facility in a safe manner to avoid injuring personnel and damaging equipment.
- Sets up and disassembles Pilot Plant equipment after product and process runs have been completed. Serves as the backup Big Truck driver and facilitates the movement of equipment to and from an offsite equipment storage warehouse and assists in maintaining accountability of all asset databases.
- Manages stock feed and recycling areas. Coordinates stock feed and recycling pickups with third-party companies. Creates detailed and accurate bill of ladings to provide documentation of products leaving the facility.
- Assists in Pilot Plant storage room cleanouts and ensures products and ingredients are disposed of in their appropriate containers.
- Warehouse Support: Re-palletizes received goods and ingredients for proper storage in a conditioned warehouse. Maintains accurate and detailed locations of pallets placed in the warehouse.
- Operates narrow aisle high lift in a safe and efficient manner to store and pull ingredients based on building resident's needs.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks in a timely manner with less than normal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 and 100 lbs. with help, bend, stoop, and kneel in the process of performing all job responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing working environment with the ability for making reasonable decisions and multi-tasking.
- Knowledge of Shipping, Receiving, Transportation and International Customs.
- Knowledge of employee safety, OSHA regulations, sanitation, GMP and QA guidelines and policies, and standards a plus.
- Knowledge of products and processes associated with food manufacturing.
- Knowledge in general mechanical trades a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to work well with and relate to others within the department and at different levels within the organization. This including various levels of internal and external people.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use databases, SAP and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Software.
- Licensed power industrial truck (including forklift, personal scissors lift, and pallet lift and delivery truck) operator.
- Knowledge of equipment setup and operations.
- Possess a valid PA Driver's License and safe driving record.
- Ability to work from 10ft. ladders.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent experience is required.
- Three to five years in related field of work is desired. Experience in food processing, consumer goods, or manufacturing environment is preferred.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans