Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Work collegially as a supportive member of a team for the benefit of the clients (external and internal) and company personnel. Maintain rapport and open, effective communication. Demonstrate strong organizational and project skills. Demonstrate high levels of interest, energy and enthusiasm to meet or exceed clients' expectations. Act with responsiveness, urgency, and professionalism in all matters. Accept accountability for the quality and accuracy of work produced.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Assist in preparing submissions (both new and renewal).
2. Process new and renewal business changes, including updating and maintaining information using computer automation.
3. Maintain customer files according to procedures.
4. Assist in preparation of new and renewal proposals, stewardship reports, service plans, comparisons, and demonstrate creativity in presentation style.
5. Back-up switchboard.
6. Distribute and route department mail.
7. Order office supplies (if applicable).
8. Show proficiency in utilizing resources and software to generate reports and/or other requested information.
9. Invoice premiums related to clients and assist with follow up on accounts receivables issues according to BB&T procedures.
10. Set up policy notebooks for delivery to client; assemble proposals and other presentations for client and prospect meetings.
11. Support service and production team in reaching overall agency revenue and retention goals.
12. Keep manuals and carrier information up to date and retain knowledge of carrier and industry changes.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Strong organizational skills
3. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
4. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Knowledge of BB&T Insurance's automation system or ability to learn quickly 2. Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of BB&T Policies and Procedures
3. Confidence and sound technical knowledge State issued agent's license
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.