Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Work to secure and validate agent licenses, contracts and appointments through Crump. Establishes and maintain agent's hierarchy for purposes of reporting and commission payout. Summary Responsible for gathering all necessary requirements to establish contractual relationships between insurance agents and carriers. Acts as a liaison between the insurance agents and insurance carriers for all contracting and licensing issues. Works with internal departments to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Responds to customer inquires to help facilitate the contract and appointment of insurance agents with appropriate insurance carrier
2. Provides insurance agents with instructions and required forms, consistent with state and carrier guidelines, to complete and return for processing
3. Receives, reviews, processes and submits required forms and documentation to insurance carrier for appointment approval
4. Reviews internal status reports to identify outstanding requirements in need of follow-up
5. Provides follow-up to agents via email, phone or fax, on status of pending appointment
6. Follows-up with insurance carrier to obtain appointment approval and notifies agent and internal staff as appropriate
7. Maintains and updates internal processing database to reflect work activity and communications on agent and corporate records to include personal information, carrier identifications, state licenses, appointment activations, terminations and executions and agent death claims
8. Responsible for all incoming and outgoing electronic and paper mail, review and prepare documents for distribution and manage document storage.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
2. Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
3. Effective time management skills
4. Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously
5. Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment
6. Ability to work in a self-directed fashion
7. Experience with PC's in a Windows environment
8. High School Graduate or equivalent GED
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.