Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Responsible for overall leadership of retail and small business banking activities of assigned branches, within a Region, with primary focus directed towards enhancing retail and small business sales and service efforts. Small Business is defined as up to $500,000 in Total Credit Exposure (TCE) or $2.5MM in annual sales.
Note: Level I - II will be differentiated by the number of branches managed, portfolio sizes, and other variables recognized by the Community Bank's Branch Segmentation Process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide supervision, coaching and leadership of Market Leaders and Market Executives, as appropriate.
2. Responsible for instilling BB&T mission, vision and values within retail and small business teams.
3. Ensure BB&T sales process is properly implemented and mastered through consistent communication, monitoring and evaluating results.
4. Responsible for continuous improvements in sales effectiveness of the Retail/Small Business staff through sales leadership including coaching, counseling, feedback, reinforcement, and support of the Bank's sales and credit cultures. Set clear expectations and hold associates accountable.
5. Responsible for developing, communicating, and evaluating specific retail marketing strategies and goals for each of the Retail branches/cities within assigned branches.
6. Responsible for continued leadership and reinforcement toward executing world standard client service quality by building stronger relationships with our clients and associates.
7. Responsible for staff with regards to employment, training, salary changes, promotions, transfers, terminations and career enhancement.
8. Assist in managing the efficiency of Region's retail distribution system through involvement with profit planning (revenue enhancement and expense control), personnel management, facilities management, and product sales and service.
9. For assigned branches, responsible for reviewing monthly Average Balance Analysis, Detailed Income and Expense and other management reports to ensure balanced financial performance of branch teams in the following key performance areas:
b. asset quality;
g. administrative reporting;
h. client service quality.
10. Responsible for retail and small business loan performance within the Region pertaining to growth, profitability and quality.
11. Responsible for the balanced growth and profitability of the Bank's deposit products.
12. Work with the Market Leaders, Retail and Small Business Leaders, and Branch Banker Program Manager to maximize client sales and service at the Branch Banker level.
13. Ensure proper integration across lines of business (LOBs) impacting retail and small business clients in Mortgage Banking, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Investment, Insurance Services, and Payment Solutions to achieve necessary financial performance.
14. Responsible for coordinating with the responsible Area Operations Officer and Regional Branch Operations Manager to ensure that internal controls are maintained with a proper emphasis on operational risks. Maximize operations efficiently by managing non-interest expenses.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of banking experience
3. Demonstrated ability to provide group leadership and to handle multiple priorities under time constraints
4. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
5. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
6. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
1. Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field
2. Five years of retail banking experience
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.