We are seeking a maintenance technician candidate who will safely and efficiently maintain the physical assets of Sellars Absorbent Materials, Inc insuring the assets are operating reliably and are effectively maintained.
- Safely perform routine preventive maintenance on existing production assets.
- Must be prepared to be on-call to respond to production equipment breakdowns during non-office hours.
- Assist production team leaders with the assessment of maintenance activities and root cause analysis of equipment failures. Offer suggestions whenever possible.
- Work in conjunction with outside contractors as required.
- Acknowledge completion of work of outside vendors.
- Keep the maintenance area neatly organized.
- Responsible for keeping maintenance supplies and tools adequately stocked and available.
- Work in conjunction with other Maintenance and Operations Managers to order parts and supplies.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Basic understanding of electronic drives and controls.
- Understanding of pneumatics.
- Understanding of welding and fabrication, both small gage and tig-welder.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as diagrams, manuals, machine schematics, etc.
- Basic understanding of low pressure boilers.
- Must have own tools. Specialty tools will be provided by the company.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of five years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working in nonwovens, printing, paper production or paper converting industries is preferred.
- Experience in performing electrical maintenance functions relative to a manufacturing operation a strong plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.