Donnelley Financial Solutions (NYSE: DFIN) provides software and services that enable clients to communicate with confidence in a complex regulatory environment. With 3,500 employees in 61 locations across 18 countries, we provide thousands of clients globally with innovative tools for content creation, management and distribution, as well as data analytics and multi-lingual translations services. Leveraging advanced technology, deep-domain expertise and 24/7 support, we deliver cost-effective solutions to meet the evolving needs of our clients. We believe that building a great software team requires diverse people with a common goal. You will be part of that team.
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFS) produces a multitude of Financial Software products for our external & internal customers. Our Technology team is looking for a Support/Software Engineer to assist on critical, customer impacting events, communication activity, and escalations while the incidents are occurring. Post incident resolution, the Engineer will assist with technology improvement activities to ensure continuous improvement of all services provided by the DFS technology team. The Support/Software Engineer combines a passion for protecting customers with an ability to think quickly and take decisive action. At DFS, Support Engineers don't just put out fires - they also work with other teams to make sure they don't happen again.
- Assist/Lead in driving the effort to limit customer impacting incidents on a Tier 3 Support team
- Manage incidents impacting our external & internal customers. This entails driving towards a safe & quick resolution of service availability
- Effectively communicate impact & status of incidents externally & internally
- Help with the RCA development and review process after each incident. This entails the documentation of what, when, why, learnings and the planned long-term resolution
- Work with the development team to improve and/or correct the processes or technical shortcomings which lead to the incident. Some activity may be owned long-term by the Support Engineer, while other application-specific changes may be transitioned to another development team.
- Develop code fixes to address issues identified during incidents
- Help refine the process to ensure the above responsibilities are completed with success
- Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Intensely customer-focused, with passion for protecting customers
- Exceptional bias for action - willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident.
- Strong attention to detail - ensuring processes are followed and root cause remediation is planned and executed for each issue, and that actions are fully documented.
- Critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - ability to modify communication style to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted, with strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Previous Support/Incident Management experience is required
- Experience supporting a client-facing web application is preferred
- Experience working with Operations, Development and QA teams is preferred
- Strong Technical and Troubleshooting Skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Web Platform Technology, REST APIs and ASP.NET WebAPI
- Experience with writing and executing unit tests
- Bachelor degree and with 2-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.