Date Posted:December 06, 2021
Department:70007908 Community Pharmacy Abbott Northwestern Heart Hospital
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Weekend Rotation: Every Other
Job Summary:Responsible for preparing, dispensing, and checking medications, obtaining medication histories, and ensuring effective flow of operations within the pharmacy. Interns work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. Provides assistance and support to the pharmacists and technicians in the clinical and distributive operations of the department.
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Prepares, checks, and dispenses medications.
- Fills first doses and refill floor stock.
- May perform data entry, adjudication, filing, and selling prescription duties.
- May review clinical data on patient profile for clinical appropriateness.
- May perform first or second checks to ensure accuracy of data entry, clinical components, and filling process.
- Compounds and documents extemporaneous doses.
- Prepackages and documents solid and liquid dosage forms in unit dose and unit of use packaging.
- Audits automated dispensing cabinet medications.
- Fills automated dispensing cabinet medications, cart fill & stock outs.
- May compound and prepares IV admixtures and syringes.
- May admix chemotherapy bags and syringes.
- Performs medication distribution.
- Deliver medications, IVs and supplies as needed.
- Gathers medications that have been discontinued on the floor.
- Restocks medications used on crash carts and other emergency boxes/kits.
- Delivers medications into automated dispensing cabinets.
- May order, receive, unpack, and check incoming stock against invoice and put away.
- May assist the buyer and keep them informed of inventory needs.
- May perform inventory management process.
- Performs admission medication histories.
- Performs medication reconciliation interview with patient.
- Utilizes nursing home medication administration records to complete medication reconciliation.
- Accesses and applies information from electronic health record.
- Communicates with overseeing pharmacist regarding reconciliation and recommendations.
- May provide clinical/informational services to patients, medical staff, and other healthcare professional.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED required and
- Completion of one year at an accredited College of Pharmacy preferred or
- Enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy working towards a Pharmacist degree required or
- Foreign-trained pharmacist working towards state Pharmacist licensure required
- Less than 2 Years experience in Pharmacy preferred
- Pharmacy Intern Certification/Registration upon hire required or
- Pharmacy Intern Certification/Registration if registered Pharmacy Technician upon hire within 1 Year required
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others' opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Description:
Pre-employment Drug Screen
- This role requires that all external and internal applicants successfully pass a drug test before beginning work. A positive test result and/or refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Allina Health Heart Hospital Pharmacy is open 24/7/365 and intern shifts occur on a weekend rotation during the school year, then the scheduling opens up during the summers. Shifts are 8 hours and start as early as 7am and end as late as 9pm.
Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.