|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Teacher Secondary Technology Education Information Technology Networking (Cisc|
|Company:||Baltimore City Public Schools|
|Job Location(s):||Baltimore, MD|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full or Part Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Education - K12|
|Job Title||Teacher Secondary Technology Education Information Technology Networking (Cisco)|
|Organization Name||Various Locations|
Plans and implements an instructional program in networking and computer repair courses and provides related educational services for students in grades 7 through 12. Manages student behavior, assesses and evaluates student achievement, and modifies instructional activities as required. Carries out a variety of student monitoring and control activities and performs related duties as required or assigned.
* Engages students in the study of networking and computer repair.
* Delivers instruction that follows the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum.
* Prepares students to take and pass the A+ and CCENT industry standard exams.
* Plans, prepares and delivers instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
* Prepares students for careers or advanced studies in information technology and computing.
* Identifies and employs instructional resources, methods, and technologies to meet students' needs.
* Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
* Observes, evaluates, records, and gives feedback on students performance and development.
* Maintains discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
* Participates in extracurricular activities such as clubs, athletics, and student organizations.
* Participates professionally in department and faculty meetings, parent meetings and committees.
* Participates in the school community, and in the larger community of technology educators.
* Keeps instruction up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods.
* Plans and implements appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level or materials.
* Develops, adapts, modifies, and individualizes educational materials, resources, techniques, methods, and strategies to meet the needs of students within the City Schools' curriculum framework.
* Manages the behavior of learners in instructional settings to ensure environment is conducive to the learning process and assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site.
* Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with other professional staff, both school and non-school-based, as required to maximize learning opportunities.
* Utilizes a variety of instructional materials and available multimedia and computer technology to enhance learning.
* Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
* Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations. Instructs and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injury and damage.
* Enforces all administration policies and rules governing students.
* Instructs students in the knowledge and skills required in a specific occupation or occupational field, using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audiovisual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies.
* Participates in in-service and staff development activities and staff meetings as required or assigned.
* Continually assesses student achievement and maintains appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
* Ensures continuous communication with parents, both written and oral, to keep them informed of a student(s) progress.
* Communicates regularly with students and colleagues on instructional expectations and keeps students informed of their progress in meeting expectations.
* Ensures classroom and/or instructional environment is attractive, healthful, safe, and conducive to learning and that materials are in good condition and accessible to students.
* Supports or participates in school-wide student activities and social events and approved fundraising activities.
* Monitors student behavior in non-instructional areas as assigned or required and intervenes to control and modify disruptive behavior, reporting to administrator as appropriate.
* Collaborates with other professionals (guidance counselors, librarians, etc.) to carry out school wide instructional or related activities.
* Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
* Bachelors degree in technology education or industrial arts and technology
* Valid standard professional teaching certificate desired or eligible for Maryland State Department of Education Teaching certificate
* Working knowledge of PC and networking hardware and software
* A+, CCENT, CCNA, or equivalent certification desired
* Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
* Knowledge of federal laws protecting the educational services for students with disabilities
* Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty to which assigned
* Knowledge of schools program of studies related to assignments and mission, goals, and organization is preferred
* Excellent oral and written communications and human relations skills
* Ability to select instructional planning, management, and evaluation procedures that relate to student needs and the demands of the instructional environment
* Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs
* Ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents
* Ability to move about the room to check student work and monitor behavior
* Relevant teaching experience desired
* IT industry experience desired
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
* Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
* Two (2) official transcripts showing conferred degree
* Three (3) professional references
* Valid licensure/teaching certificate
* A copy of Praxis test scores or other state teaching exams pertaining to your certification
* Official verification of previous full - time teaching experience (if applicable)
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing this link.
|How To Apply|
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
|Amount of Travel||Moderate Travel|
|Work At Home||No|